You are using an outdated browser version not supported by this website.
Click here to upgrade your browser
MONACO is very similar to our LUGANO system, MONACO is designed to take higher loads than LUGANO and is the best system to use for commercial projects.
- MONACO is an aluminium system for fascia fixed balustrades. It reflects the trend for sleek flush surfaces, square edges and continuous sightlines.
- MONACO creates a seamless blend. When standing on the deck all you see is glass spanning up from the edge of the deck.
- All the fixings are concealed beneath the face plate which can be powder coated any colour to blend in with the building structure.
- Compliant with NZBC clause E2. The MONACO base channel is face fixed and sits 25mm off the substrate. Compressed EPDM fixing sealing washers are easily located against the substrate.
MONACO is designed to be used as;
- Balustrades for External Decks and Stairwells
- Balustrades for Internal Decks, Stairwell, Landings and Mezzanine Floors
MONACO can be attached to the following substrates;
MONACO complies with the New Zealand building code and glazing standards used in conjunction with the following Viridian Glass types and Euroglass systems;
SAFE: Viridian's toughened safety glass and Euroglass interlinking rail system. Euroglass offers three interlinking rail systems;
SAFER: Viridian's toughened EVA laminated safety glass and Euroglass gap clamps.
SAFEST: Viridian's toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass with Euroglass gap clamps. SENTRYGLAS® incorporated with a Euroglass System offers a pure clean and clear traditional frameless barrier.
MONACO is Anotec powder coated with a 10 year warranty. There are many powder coat colours to choice from to match your colour scheme.
Rated to be used up to a extra high wind zone (2.13Kpa or less)
This proprietary balustrade system complies with New Zealand Building Code Clauses;
B1 - Structure and B1/VM1
B2 - Durability
F2 - Hazardous Building Materials
F4 - Safety from Falling
D1 - Access routes (complies with the use of a handrail in accordance with NZBC D1/AS1)
E2 - External Moisture (must be designed and installed in accordance with our technical data sheets)
Based on barrier loads taken from AS/NZS1170.0 MONACO can be used for Residential Occupancy Types;
A - Domestic and residential activities
All areas within or serving exclusively one dwelling including stairs, landings etc. but excluding external balconies and edges of roofs (see C3)
A Other - Domestic and residential activities
Other residential (see also C)
C3 - Areas without obstacles for moving people and not susceptible to overcrowding.
Stairs, landings, external balconies, edges of roofs
Taken from table 3.3AS/NZS1170.1
Maximum glass height from the top of the system is 1300mm using Viridian's safety glass options according to 22.4.3 and Table 14 of NZS4223.3:2016 are;
- 15mm toughened safety glass with interlinking rail
- 17.5mm toughened laminated safety glass with Euroglass gap clamps
- 17.52mm toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass with Euroglass gap clamps (SENTRYGLAS® is a stiff interlayer that complies with 22.4.3 (c) of NZS4223.3:2016)
Euroglass are a division of Viridian Glass dedicated to the design and installation of custom glass systems.Product Enquiries