Metro Series Awning & Casement Windows
Metro Series allows larger formats
Mullion shown without interior stiffener
Internal box mullion option
Metro non-facing sash
Finned overlight transom with sash below
A non-facing sash is used as standard to enhance the range aesthetics emphasising clean, flat surfaces for a modern appearance. Double glazing to a maximum 28mm thickness can be used.
Mullions and transoms offer a choice of stiffening fins projecting internally of externally depending on window span and aesthetic considerations.
- A versatile, high performance product range based on a unified and contemporary design approach
- Occupies an intermediate position between Vantage Residential and the APL Architectural Series
- Awning and casement sashes have a facing option and a flush, non-facing option
- Facing sashes available in three performance grades
- Mullions with external fins or internal boxes available
- Two–point espagnolette locking available
Scope of Use
- Suitable for most residential environments in larger sizes
- Awning windows provide versatile ventilation with a good degree of weather protection
- Casements can direct breezes inside and have a traditional aesthetic
- Need to be used in defined maximum sizes according to the wind exposure.
Limitations on Use
- Care needed if projecting on to walkways and decks. Restrictor stays can limit opening in such situations
- Restrictors will be needed to conform to NZBC F4 'Safety from falling' if windows open on to a drop of 1m or more
- Consider a horizontal sliding window to protect walkways
- Caution is required for the use of casements which open directly into prevailing winds
- Casements beyond benches may have top fasteners that are hard to reach.
Statement of Building Code Compliance
- Designed, tested and manufactured to meet NZS 4211: Performance of Windows, and NZS 4233: Glazing in Buildings, Parts 1-4
- Designed and tested to conform to NZ Building Code, including Clause E2
- Launched in 2006
- Design upgrades regularly released
- Widely used by homeowners, builders, Group home builders and specifiers
Other Performance Attributes
- Window and door warranty provided under normal conditions of use against failure of materials and workmanship for a period of five years
- Surface finish is covered by a separate performance warranty dependent on the actual finish selected
- A hardware/componentry warranty is offered against defects in manufacturing, functionality and surface finish for a period of five years, provided care and maintenance guidelines have been followed
Vantage Windows & Doors' locally made joinery is found in more New Zealand homes than any other brand, and Vantage are always refining and innovating solutions to meet changing needs.
News from VANTAGE Windows & Doors