You are using an outdated browser version not supported by this website.
Click here to upgrade your browser
A FMP EUROBRACE balustrade is designed to allow water to pass underneath the bottom edge of the glass.
- FMP Eurobrace creates a gap under the glass that allows water to egress underneath the glass and over the edge of the deck.
- FMP Eurobrace are available in two styles;
1) Core drilled minipost
2) Base plate minipost
- The base plate FMP can be fixed into timber substrates
FMP Eurobrace is designed to be used as;
- Balustrades for External Decks and Stairwells
- Balustrades for Internal Decks, Stairwell, Landings and Mezzanine Floors
FMP Eurobrace can be attached to the following substrates;
FMP Eurobrace complies with the New Zealand building code and glazing standards used in conjunction with the following Viridian Glass types and Euroglass systems;
SAFE: Viridian's toughened safety glass and Euroglass interlinking rail system. Euroglass offers three interlinking rail systems;
SAFEST: Viridian's toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass. SENTRYGLAS® incorporated with a Euroglass System offers a pure clean and clear traditional frameless barrier.
FMP Eurobrace is made from 316 marine grade stainless steel.
Rated to be used up to a very high wind zone (1.76Kpa or less)
This proprietary balustrade system complies with New Zealand Building Code Clauses;
B1 - Structure and B1/VM1
B2 - Durability
F2 - Hazardous Building Materials
F4 - Safety from Falling
D1 - Access routes (complies with the use of a handrail in accordance with NZBC D1/AS1)
Based on barrier loads taken from AS/NZS1170.0 FMP Eurobrace can be used for Residential Occupancy Types;
A - Domestic and residential activities
All areas within or serving exclusively one dwelling including stairs, landings etc. but excluding external balconies and edges of roofs (see C3)
A Other - Domestic and residential activities
Other residential (see also C)
C3 - Areas without obstacles for moving people and not susceptible to overcrowding.
Stairs, landings, external balconies, edges of roofs
Taken from table 3.3AS/NZS1170.1
Maximum glass height from the finished floor level is 1200mm using Viridian's safety glass options according to 22.4.3 and Table 14 of NZS4223.3:2016 are;
- 12mm toughened safety glass with interlinking rail
- 13.52mm toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass (SENTRYGLAS® is a stiff interlayer that complies with 22.4.3 (c) of NZS4223.3:2016)
Euroglass are a division of Viridian Glass dedicated to the design and installation of custom glass systems.Product Enquiries