PSL Innovative Aluminium
PSL Innovative Aluminium
PSL offers a complete range of aluminium office suite and doors, anodised or powder coated finishes, and innovative products and solutions.
Product literature confirmed current on November 28 2016Contact
Tracklok Ltd have designed and developed a range of pre-engineered, off the shelf connections to seismically and structurally bracing non structural elements in commercial buildings.
The Tracklok range has been designed to secure partition walls in commercial construction projects. The Tracklok seismic partition tie (SPT-10) provides a proprietary unit that complies with building code requirements and ceiling manufacturers' warranties. With extensive testing and peer reviewed results, in conjunction with material testing, users of the Tracklok (SPT-10) can be confident that their internal fit out creations are structurally and seismically secure.
All Tracklok Ltd products have been developed using sound engineering principles and in accordance with the New Zealand Building Code. The performance and capacity of all brackets has been quantified by physical testing, while real world seismic events continue to prove the validity of Tracklok.
- Tested with head track and full wall construction to provide confidence
- Provides seismic separation, preserving ceiling warranty
- Ensures validity of installers PS3
- Tested under ULS and SLS loads to ensure longevity of performance
- Unique design allows for 50mm of interstorey drift
- Top plate pivot points allow for 90mm of in-line wall deflection
- Unique design allows for 20mm of wall 'spring back' in ULS event
- Patented low profile connection bolt allows for glazing clearance
- Unit allows a 30° – 60° bracing angle to mitigate service clashes
- Unit tested to 45° off wall axis to mitigate service clashes
Scope of Use
- Importance Level 2, 3 and 4 Buildings
- Commercial Interiors
- Lateral support for sliding doors
Limitations on Use
- For interior application only.
- Designed to secure standard steel, aluminium and timber partition walls and glazed walls.
- Not applicable for supporting walls constructed from concrete, tilt slab or block.
- Structural engineer and regulatory body must seismically approve configurations outside of specifications.
- The unit and or bracing material must not be used as an anchor point or fixing point by associated trades.
- Use of this product does not increase the seismic load capacity of installed ceiling grid.
Tracklok has been extensively used throughout New Zealand for over three years. From the rebuild of Christchurch, to updating Wellington's building stock and in the building boom in Auckland's commercial sector.
Statement of Building Code Compliance
- Complies to and provides compliance with AS/NZS 1170.5 and AS/NZS 4219
- Provides compliance with NZ Building Code Clause B1 – Structure, B2 – Durability, F2 – Hazardous Building Materials
- Contributes to compliance with NZ Building Code Clause F6 – Visibility in Escape Routes, Clause D1 – Access Routes
- Tracklok installation specifications were developed to perform under the seismic loads for parts specified in NZS 1170.5 Section 8, as referenced by B1/VM1 of the NZBC
Other Performance Attributes
- Allows for 50mm of inter-storey drift
- Allows for 90mm of in plane movement
- Provides 20mm of springback (pulls the wall back in line after an event)
- Can be used in plenum spaces up to 4.0m deep
- Separates wall system from ceiling system
- Preserves ceiling manufacturers warranty
- Allows ceiling installer to provide PS3
- Can be used as part of an engineer's specific design
The effectiveness of Tracklok's seismic partition ties was demonstrated during the recent Kaikoura earthquake, with no damage found in the newly upgraded Aurora Centre.
This file is only available to registered users.
Log in below or sign up for a free EBOSS account.