You are using an outdated browser version not supported by this website.
Click here to upgrade your browser
A MONACO Pool Fence is a very popular cantilevered frameless glass barrier system.
MONACO is very similar to our LUGANO system; MONACO is designed to take higher loads than LUGANO and is the best system to use for pool fences with large glass spans (heights) or wind breaks that require thicker glass.
- MONACO is an aluminium system for fascia fixed pool fences and wind breaks. It reflects the trend for sleek flush surfaces, square edges and continuous sightlines.
- MONACO creates a seamless blend. When standing on the deck all you see is glass spanning up from the edge of the deck.
- All the fixings are concealed beneath the face plate which can be powder coated any colour to blend in with the building structure.
- The MONACO base channel is face fixed and sits 25mm off the substrate. This creates a cavity for water to run off the floor surface to egress away from the pool or spa enclosure.
MONACO is designed to be used as;
- Internal and External Pool Fences
MONACO can be attached to the following substrates;
- Weather boards
MONACO complies with the New Zealand building code and glazing standards used in conjunction with the following Viridian Glass types and Euroglass systems;
- Viridian's toughened safety glass
- Viridian's toughened laminated safety glass with Euroglass gap clamps
- SENTRYGLAS® incorporated with a Euroglass System offers a pure clean and clear traditional frameless barrier
MONACO is Anotec powder coated with a 10 year warranty. There are many powder coat colours to choice from to match your colour scheme.
Rated to be used up to an extra high wind zone (2.13Kpa or less)
The minimum height for a fence to prevent access into a pool area is 1.2m from the finished floor level. Please refer to NZS8500:2006 for design and safety requirements to meet the building code.
This proprietary pool fence system complies with New Zealand Building Code Clauses;
B1 - Structure and B1/VM1
B2 - Durability
F2 - Hazardous Building Materials
E2 - External Moisture (must be designed and installed in accordance with our technical data sheets)
Maximum heights of the glass above the MONACO clamp for specific wind zones are provided within our Technical Data Sheets.
Viridian safety glass options are;
- 15mm toughened safety glass
- 17.2mm toughened laminated safety glass
- 13.52mm toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass (SENTRYGLAS® is a stiff interlayer that complies with 22.4.3 (c) of NZS4223.3:2016)
In the unlikely event of glass failure or to make allowance for the consequence of failure required by clause B1.3.4 of the Building Code B1, Viridian’s toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass is recommended to be used.
Euroglass are a division of Viridian Glass dedicated to the design and installation of custom glass systems.Product Enquiries