Clearspan by Spectrum is a modular balustrade system which incorporates a unique feature that has been designed to allow for full prefabrication of balustrade panels off site. This includes prefabrication of glass balustrade panels. Most other balustrade systems still require installation of the glass panel in a separate visit. Panels are pre-finished with powder coat or anodising, so the install is complete typically within one day.
The advantages of the Spectrum Clearspan system include:
- All pre-fabrication (cutting and assembly) is done off site
- Glazing done in the factory — controlled / safe environment
- Glass is protected by frame during transport and install, so minimised chance of breakage
- Quality is high as there is no site contamination by assembling in a dirty environment, plus good lighting in the factory allows for workers to spot any potential quality issues
- Site installation is very quick as there is no need to cut/assemble panels on site
- F4 solution is provided in one install; no second site visit required to install glass
- Assembly is quick and cost effective as workers can assemble in a controlled environment with all required tools at hand
- No site waste as items are pre-cut to size. All offcut waste goes directly into a recycling bin in the factory
The Clearspan balustrade system uses a specially designed male and female post. These clip together on site, and connect with stainless steel fixing screws. The continuous handrail clips over the panels to ensure the panels form straight and continuous lines.
There are a number of Clearspan styles available using the modular system including glazed, baluster, fin and slat. The Spectrum Clearspan framed balustrade system is suitable for a wide range of installation applications including top and face fixing to a range of substrates, plus with castaway (gutter) brackets for waterproof decks. Producer statements (PS1’s) are available, with expert advice available from the technical team at Spectrum for non-standard applications.