You are using an outdated browser version not supported by this website.
Click here to upgrade your browser
MILANO is a frameless full height post system where the top and bottom edges of the glass are exposed.
Unlike other systems our MILANO posts are fixed every 1650mm apart which reduces the amount posts required across the deck.
- MILANO posts can be face or floor mounted.
- Maximum span between the posts is 1650mm.
- No need for corner posts, the glass can span horizontally through the end post. The maximum overhang of glass is 500mm.
- No holes or notches are required. The glass is clamped to the post.
MILANO is designed to be used as;
- Balustrades for External Decks and Stairwells
- Balustrades for Internal Decks, Stairwell, Landings and Mezzanine Floors
MILANO can be attached to the following substrates;
MILANO complies with the New Zealand building code and glazing standards used in conjunction with the following Viridian Glass types and Euroglass systems;
SAFE: Viridian's toughened safety glass and Euroglass interlinking rail system. Euroglass offers three interlinking rail systems;
SAFER: Viridian's toughened EVA laminated safety glass.
SAFEST: Viridian's toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass.
MILANO is Anotec powder coated with a 10 year warranty. There are many powder coat colours to choice from to match your colour scheme.
Rated to be used up to a extra high wind zone (2.13Kpa or less).
This proprietary balustrade system complies with New Zealand Building Code Clauses;
B1 - Structure and B1/VM1
B2 - Durability
F2 - Hazardous Building Materials
F4 - Safety from Falling
D1 - Access routes (complies with the use of a handrail in accordance with NZBC D1/AS1)
Based on barrier loads taken from AS/NZS1170.0 MILANO can be used for Residential Occupancy Types;
A - Domestic and residential activities
All areas within or serving exclusively one dwelling including stairs, landings etc. but excluding external balconies and edges of roofs (see C3)
A Other - Domestic and residential activities
Other residential (see also C)
C3 - Areas without obstacles for moving people and not susceptible to overcrowding.
Stairs, landings, external balconies, edges of roofs
Taken from table 3.3AS/NZS1170.1
Maximum glass height from the finished floor level is 1100mm using Viridian's safety glass options according to 22.4.3 and Table 14 of NZS4223.3:2016 are;
- 10mm toughened safety glass with interlinking rail.
- 11.2mm toughened laminated safety glass.
- 11.52mm toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass (SENTRYGLAS® is a stiff interlayer that complies with 22.4.3 (c) of NZS4223.3:2016)
Euroglass are a division of Viridian Glass dedicated to the design and installation of custom glass systems.Product Enquiries