You are using an outdated browser version not supported by this website.
Click here to upgrade your browser
MILANO is a frameless full height post system where the top and bottom edges of the glass are exposed.
- MILANO posts can be face or floor mounted.
- Post spacing is determined by the post height. Refer to technical data sheets for guidance.
- No need for corner posts, the glass can span horizontally through the end post. The maximum overhang of glass is 300mm
MILANO is designed to be used as;
- Balustrades for External Decks and Stairwells
- Balustrades for Internal Decks, Stairwell, Landings and Mezzanine Floors
MILANO can be attached to the following substrates;
MILANO complies with the New Zealand building code and glazing standards used in conjunction with the following Viridian Glass types and Euroglass systems;
SAFE: Viridian's toughened safety glass and Euroglass interlinking rail system. Euroglass offers three interlinking rail systems;
SAFER: Viridian's toughened EVA laminated safety glass.
SAFEST: Viridian's toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass.
MILANO is Anotec powder coated with a 10 year warranty. There are many powder coat colours to choice from to match your colour scheme.
Rated to be used up to an extra high wind zone (2.13Kpa or less)
This proprietary balustrade system complies with New Zealand Building Code Clauses;
B1 - Structure and B1/VM1
B2 - Durability
F2 - Hazardous Building Materials
F4 - Safety from Falling
D1 - Access routes (complies with the use of a handrail in accordance with NZBC D1/AS1)
Based on barrier loads taken from AS/NZS1170.0 MILANO can be used for Commercial Occupancy Types;
C1 & C2 - Areas with tables or fixed seating.
Areas with fixed seating adjacent to a balustrade, restaurant, bars etc.
D - Retails areas.
All retail areas including public areas of bank/building societies, (see C5 for areas where overcrowding may occur).
Taken from table 3.3 AS/NZS1170.1
Glass height from the finished floor level are between 1100mm and 1900mm depending on post fixing centres, using Viridian's safety glass options according to 22.4.3 and Table 14 of NZS4223.3:2016 are;
- 15mm toughened safety glass with interlinking rail.
- 17.2mm toughened laminated safety glass.
- 17.52mm toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass (SENTRYGLAS® is a stiff interlayer that complies with 22.4.3 (c) of NZS4223.3:2016)
Euroglass are a division of Viridian Glass dedicated to the design and installation of custom glass systems.Product Enquiries
New and updated architectural products, design solutions, inspiration, technical advice and more when you sign up for EBOSS.