Compliance is not the most exciting subject — in fact, at times it can be a real headache and can cause a feeling of overwhelm with all the paperwork, rules and regulations. But it is a necessity, and for good reason. When you work with Moddex you can rely on them to take the complexity out of compliance and be a strong partner, by your side when you need them.
The two sections of the building code that relate to handrail and barrier design are:
- Acceptable Solution D1/AS1 – Access Routes; and
- F4 Safety from Falling
The following building standards are also referred to for Building Code compliance:
- NZS4121:2001 — for the design of buildings and facilities to ensure they are accessible and fully usable for people who have disabilities; and
- NZS 1657:1992 — for the design requirements of mezzanines, stairways, walkways, and service platforms to supply safe access to places used by operating, inspection, maintenance, and service personnel
Moddex products are fully compliant
You can rest assured that all Moddex components and installations are fully compliant with Australian and New Zealand standards. Moddex are experts in their field and are happy to share product engineering data and test results with you.
Every system has undergone rigorous testing to meet the New Zealand Compliance Standards which means Moddex are able to provide you with readily available PS1’s for their systems.
Complying with the standards means staying on top of regulatory updates while keeping projects on time and budget. To keep everything running smoothly, Moddex has a vast number of resources available to ensure your project stays in compliance:
- Ultimate Guide to Handrail Compliance eBook
- Hot Design Tips
- MasterSPEC work sections
- BIM Content Library
- Downloadable Design Files
- Product Specification sheets
The Moddex BIM library also includes an all-in-one Revit ‘Virtual Showroom’ for efficient library access, browsing and QA.
Moddex believe modular railings and balustrades should not only be functional, but should also look good. Moddex give you a choice of styles and an extensive range of colours so you can style to suit any situation. And you can have confidence you are offering your clients a product with the lowest lifetime cost of ownership in the industry.
Contact Moddex on 0800 663 339 or [email protected]