Available in a wide range of timber species, profiles, sizes, and finishes, JSC’s interior panelling range provides enormous scope for design creativity and innovation.
With a multitude of benefits, varied textures, looks and finishes, timber is still a popular and reliable choice for architects, designers, and homeowners alike for interior applications.
Benefits of JSC’s Timber Panelling:
- Timber can be used in an array of decorative applications that provide depth and warmth to the space
- Provides many possibilities for both residential and commercial projects
- Profile species can be adapted for internal panels or walls, louvres, fins, or interior partitioning
- Bespoke requirements, custom sizing and matching with existing profiles are available upon request
- Colours, grains and finishes are available to suit any style
- All species are available in various sizes and some species can have Bandsawn, Dressed and Brushed finish options available
- Suitable for semi-wet areas such as bathrooms, kitchens, and laundries
- JSC Timber interior lining can be installed vertically, horizontally, or diagonally
- Timber panelling can be installed directly on framing or battens
Recommended JSC Products/Species:
- Western Hemlock: It has a near-uniform colour and is non-resinous with a lustrous surface and a fine even texture making it ideal for large-scale commercial projects, particularly where designers want a consistent colour and finish.
- TMT Taiga*: The JSC TMT Taiga range is a selection of unique feature grade thermally modified timber options that have beautiful natural rustic characteristics. It is highly suitable for interior wall linings and battens. In addition to the product’s attractive appearance, the thermal modification of wood omits the risk of harmful emissions. This makes this range an ideal material for interiors.
- TMT Taxon*: This product range has a soft, even-grained appearance with minimal knots and beautiful brown tones. It is favoured as it is a completely natural product modified only using heat and steam.
- American White Oak: The sapwood of American White Oak is light coloured, and the heartwood is light to soft brown. This is a great timber choice if you are looking to make a statement or have it fit in with a particular style such as fresh and contemporary to a warmer historical look.
- Alaskan Yellow Cedar: This option boasts longevity, workability and inherent impact and decay resistance making it a perfect choice for architectural projects that demand exceptional qualities. Supplied as 100% heartwood of consistent pale yellow with a fine even grain texture with low colour variation.
- Western Red Cedar: This exceptional timber is coloured in rich tones ranging from mellow ambers to reddish cinnamons and sienna browns. This option showcases the vitality of natural timber with variations of grain and figure, texture and tone that perfectly complement Western Red Cedar’s excellent structural properties.
Other species may be available — reach out to the JSC team to discuss.
* The JSC TMT product range offers a selection of Thermally Modified Timbers that have been specifically sourced for the New Zealand market based on their versatility, durability, aesthetic properties, and environmental credentials to suit the New Zealand weather conditions.
JSC interior panelling is available in the following profiles:
- Standard TG&V panelling profiles
- Architectural panelling profiles matching JSC Rusticated weatherboards
- Architectural panelling profiles matching JSC Vertical Shiplap weatherboards
JSC are happy to assist with custom sizing, profile matching, colour, and finish recommendations for your interior panelling needs. Contact the JSC team today!