You are using an outdated browser version not supported by this website.
Click here to upgrade your browser
A Euroanchor balustrade is a very popular cantilevered frameless glass barrier system.
- With the glass being face fixed, spaced 25mm off the building or deck and incorporating EPDM sealing washers a Euroglass Euroanchor system complies with building code clause E2.
- Available in many shape and sizes, round, square and rectangular
Euroanchors are designed to be used as;
- Balustrades for External Decks and Stairwells
- Balustrades for Internal Decks, Stairwell, Landings and Mezzanine Floors
Euroanchors can be attached to the following substrates;
- Weather boards
Euroanchors comply with the New Zealand building code and glazing standards used in conjunction with the following Viridian Glass types and Euroglass systems;
SAFE: Viridian's toughened safety glass and Euroglass interlinking rail system. Euroglass offers three interlinking rail systems;
SAFEST: Viridian's toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass with Euroglass gap clamps. SENTRYGLAS® incorporated with a Euroglass System offers a pure clean and clear traditional frameless barrier.
Euroanchors are made from 316 marine grade stainless steel. Aluminium anchors are also available upon request.
Rated to be used up to a extra high wind zone (2.13Kpa or less)
This proprietary balustrade system complies with New Zealand Building Code Clauses;
B1 - Structure and B1/VM1
B2 - Durability
F2 - Hazardous Building Materials
F4 - Safety from Falling
D1 - Access routes (complies with the use of a handrail in accordance with NZBC D1/AS1)
E2 - External Moisture (must be designed and installed in accordance with our technical data sheets)
Based on barrier loads taken from AS/NZS1170.0 ANZIO can be used for Commercial Occupancy Types;
B & E - Office and work areas not included elsewhere including storage areas.
Areas not susceptible to overcrowding in office and institutional buildings also industrial and storage buildings. Light access stairs and gangways not more than 600mm wide. Fixed platforms, walkways, stairways and ladders for access.
C3 - Areas without obstacles for moving people and not susceptible to overcrowding.
Stairs, landings, external balconies, edges of roofs
Taken from table 3.3 AS/NZS1170.1
Maximum glass height from the centre of the top anchor is 1200mm using Viridian's safety glass options according to 22.4.3 and Table 14 of NZS4223.3:2016 are;
- 15mm toughened safety glass with interlinking rail
- 17.52mm toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass with Euroglass gap clamps (SENTRYGLAS® is a stiff interlayer that complies with 22.4.3 (c) of NZS4223.3:2016)
Euroglass are a division of Viridian Glass dedicated to the design and installation of custom glass systems.Product Enquiries