StoTherm Armat Insulation System and StoTherm Vario Insulation Systems are cavity-based Exterior Insulation and Finishing System (EIFS) wall claddings, incorporating a drainage cavity between the interior and exterior claddings.
The StoTherm Classic System & StoTherm Vario Insulation System have been appraised as external wall cladding systems for buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1
- Constructed with timber framing complying with the NZBC
- With a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/• AS1, Table 2
- Situated in NZS 3604 Building Wind Zones up to, and including ‘Very High’
For weather tightness and structural wind loading when used on timber and steel framed buildings subject to specific design up to a differential design ultimate limit state (ULS) wind pressure of 2.5 kPa.
Must only be installed on vertical surfaces except for tops of parapets, sills and balustrades. For use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sill.
StoTherm is suitable for both residential and commercial building and is combined with the selected Sto Plaster System of choice.
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B1 Structure: Performance B1.3.1, B1.3.2, B1.3.3, B1.3.4
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(b), B2.3.1(c), B2.3.2
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.2
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
Notes: The StoTherm Cavity System and StoTherm Insulation System meet the performance requirements of NZBC Clause B2.3.1 (b), 15 years for the cavity system and plaster finish, and the performance requirements of NZBC Clause B2.3.1 (c), 5 years for the exterior paint system.
The StoTherm Cavity System and StoTherm Insulation System are expected to have a serviceable life of at least 30 years provided they are maintained in accordance with this Appraisal, and the EPS sheets, StoTherm Sheets, StoTherm Panels, fixings and plasters are continuously protected by a weathertight paint system and remain dry in service.
Hazardous Building Materials