RAB Board 9mm is a pre-sealed fibre cement sheet that is robust and impact resistant, thereby meeting the requirements of E2/AS1 and Specific Engineered Design in residential or commercial projects.
Due to its added density, the 9mm RAB™ Board is suitable for use as a rigid air barrier in buildings where external noise needs to be reduced, such as higher density residential developments where buildings are in close proximity, near airports and motorways. The inherent strength of RAB Board 9mm makes it an ideal product for use in shear wall design in residential or commercial specific engineered design (SED) projects.
- Suitable for shear wall design in residential and commercial buildings
- Suitable to withstand design wind pressures up to 4.5kPa (ULS)
- Creates a wind barrier equalising the pressure within the cavity to that of the exterior
- Can be used in fire rated systems to achieve up to 60 minute fire rating without relying on claddings
- Creates a drainage plane and enhances the weather tightness performance of cladding and building facades
- Dimensionally stable and weather resistant, it will not warp or shrink when exposed to the weather and after fixing can be left exposed for up to 90 days
RAB Board is also available in a 6mm thickness and HomeRAB Pre-Cladding, which is perfect for residential projects is available in a 4.5mm thickness. All rigid air barrier products from James Hardie are BRANZ appraised and come with a 15 year product warranty.