DriStud FRU38 - Fire Retardant Synthetic Self-Support Roof Underlay
DriStud FRU38 is a white synthetic tri-laminate roofing underlay that is water resistant, vapour permeable and fire retardant.
The FRU38 is a self-supporting, roof underlay. It is intended for use on new and existing buildings in wind zones up to and including 'Extra High', as defined in NZS 3604:2011.
- CodeMark Certified
- Can be installed over timber and steel roof framing
- Fire retardant
- Durability: 50 years
- Can be direct fixed behind all claddings
Scope of Use
- DriStud FRU38 is intended for use on buildings designed in accordance with NZS 3604:2011 paragraph 1.1 and in wind zones up to and including ‘Extra High’.
- DriStud FRU38 is designed to be used as a replacement for standard kraft paper roof underlay.
- It can be installed over both timber and steel framing to ensure a dry roof cavity.
- DriStud FRU38 can be used under: masonry tiles, metal tiles, profiled metal roof claddings.
Where CodeMark is to be relied upon, then all conditions of that certificate must be met. These are:
- Must be installed in accordance with the DriStud FRU38 Installation Guide Rev 1.
- DriStud FRU 38 may be installed over timber and steel roof framing.
- The certificate covers the use of DriStud FRU 38 under: masonry tiles, terracotta tiles, metal tiles, profiled metal claddings, slate and composite panels.
- DriStud FRU38 can span up to 1200mm between adjacent supports. Where the span exceeds 1200mm a corrosion resistant mesh or alternative i.e. plastic strapping must be used.
Limitations on Use
- DriStud FRU38 must not span more than 1200mm between adjacent supports. Where the span exceeds 1200mm a corrosion resistant mesh or alternative i.e. plastic strapping must be used.
Statement of Building Code Compliance
When specified and installed in accordance with the requirements of the Installation Guide, DriStud FRU 36 roofing underlay will comply with the following provisions of the NZ Building Code:
- Clause B1 Structure: B1.3.1, B1.3.2, B1.3.3 (a, h)
- Clause B2 Durability: B2.3.1(a), B2.3.2(b) (15 years)
- Clause C Protection from Fire: C3.4(c)
- Clause F2 Hazardous Building Materials: F2.3.1
Other Performance Attributes
- The manufacture of DriStud FRU38 is ISO9001:2008 certified by Q.A. International Certification Limited (No. QAIC/KR/6001-A) issued on 20 January 2015.
- TCL Hunt is also ISO9001:2008 certified by International Certifications (No. C32413) issued on 5 December 2013.
Hazardous Building Materials
Products include DriStud wall and roof underlays, Window Flashing Tape, Vent NZ passive ventilation system and Proctor construction membranes.
News from DriSpace