With many years of experience and qualified carpenters on their team, Techlam can source and prefabricate many different types of structural timber connections in the plant, allowing significant reductions in time spent on site and reducing the need for site cutting or epoxying.
Techlam NZ provide the full prefabricated package, including bolted steel brackets, epoxy fixed rods, and the timber beams, all ready to assemble on site. This approach ensures components are quickly and easily installed, saving time and money.
The package is then shipped with each component coded, along with full detailed drawings provided to allow the use of general or lower skilled labour to assemble the finished product on site. Shipping is economical due to the ability to utilise full unit loads and eliminate wasted or ‘hollow’ space during transit.
As the components are generally lightweight, the use of far smaller cranes on site becomes possible — this enables significant reductions in expenses incurred by large and slow cranes that are needed for more traditional non-prefabricated construction methods.
Examples of Techlam's prefabrication can be found in their projects across NZ and globally:
- Wellington Airport: Components were prefabricated in Techlam’s plant and shipped direct to site, reducing the install time significantly — important in a live operational airport environment. Read more here
- Aro Ha Retreat: The pergolas were extremely complex and had to be fully assembled in Techlam's plant before being disassembled and transported to site for a quick reassembly. Read more here
- Te Wharehou o Waikaremoana: Pre jointed portal connections enabled the main contractor to quickly install the structure and focus on completing the project on schedule. Epoxying joints on site is not easy and the prefabrication off site removed this difficulty. Read more here
- Improves Quality
- Saves Time
- Reduces overall cost — a direct result of less time spent on site.
- Is more sustainable — less waste Improves productivity
Save time on site and contact Techlam about your next project.