Following extensive market research, the iconic Lockwood 570 Mortice Lock has undergone a ground up redesign which provides features that are set to revolutionise the door hardware industry. The Pentagon Series Mortice Lock will be available in New Zealand from 17 October.
There is now one primary mortice lock that can accommodate the majority of door functions and functionality can now conveniently be changed whilst the lock is installed in the door. With the end user in mind, maximum lever rotation is now 35 degrees (most mortice locks are over 50 degrees). This provides easier retraction of the latch for the aged, physically impaired and handicapped.
The Pentagon Series Mortice Lock is compatible with through-fix turn knobs and the lock case allows through-fixing of cylinder escutcheon and turn knob, reducing maintenance issues. The galvanised steel lock case provides increased durability, security against attack, and corrosion protection. It exceeds requirements of AS4145.2-2008.
Locking and latching cylinder functions only require 90 degree key rotation, making operation easier and more intuitive. During the life of a building, functions often require changing. Lock functions can be set and reset without removing the lock and furniture from the door.
Like the original 1957 mortice lock, the innovative Pentagon Series is manufactured at ASSA ABLOY Australia’s Melbourne site.
Register for a product presentation or product catalogue on the Pentagon Series Mortice Lock by September 30 and go in the draw to win an 8GB iPod Nano with Multi-Touch Display.
Competition Terms + Conditions
2. Only manual registrations between September 1 and September 30 2011 are eligible – no late entries accepted.
3. The competition prize is an 8GB iPod Nano. The winner will be chosen at random by ASSA ABLOY and eboss management.
5. ASSA ABLOY and eboss reserves the right to withdraw or cancel an entry at any stage.
6. The winner is required to be available where possible for promotional material to be created by eboss and ASSA ABLOY.
7. ASSA ABLOY and eboss’s decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash.
9. Winners will be published in ebossNOW publications and notified by email