PALLISIDE® is a low-maintenance, pre-finished weatherboard system that provides the look of traditional timber weatherboards, with natural shadow-lines and definition, without the requirement for painting and the cost of upkeep associated with it.
Pre-Consumer Recycled Content
PALLISIDE® Weatherboards Drained Cavity have been appraised as an external horizontally fixed cladding for buildings within the following scope:
- Constructed with timber framing in accordance with the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or,
- Constructed with steel framing subject to specific engineering design with building height and floor plan area scope limitations in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- With a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Table 2; and,
- Situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including Extra High.
PALLISIDE® Weatherboards Drained Cavity have also been appraised as an external wall cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- Constructed with timber and steel framing subject to specific engineering design; and,
- Situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa.
- The PALLISIDE® Weatherboards Drained Cavity must only be installed horizontally on vertical surfaces.
The PALLISIDE® Weatherboards Drained Cavity are appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (The Appraisal of the Palliside Weatherboard system relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant Wind Zone or wind pressure.)
If PALLISIDE® Weatherboards are to be used in any applications not covered by the current Installation and Technical Guide and scope, written confirmation of suitability should be obtained from Dynex Extrusions Limited prior to the commencement of the project.
Specific Design Wind Zone
In the opinion of BRANZ , the PALLISIDE® Cellular uPVC Weatherboard Direct Fix or Drained Cavity Cladding Systems, if designed, used, installed and maintained in accordance with the statements and conditions of Appraisal No.490 and No.491 (2015), will meet the following provisions of the NZBC:
- Clause B1 Structure: Performance B1.3.1, B1.3.2 and B1.3.4. The PALLISIDE® Cellular uPVC Weatherboard Cladding System meets the requirement for loads arising from self-weight, earthquake, wind, impact and creep [i.e. B1.3.3 (a), (f), (h), (j) and (q)].
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(b), 15 years.
- Clause E2 External Moisture: Performance E2.3.2.
- Clause F2 Hazardous Building Materials: Performance F2.3.1. The PALLISIDE® Cladding system will not present a health hazard to people.
The PALLISIDE® Cellular uPVC Weatherboard direct fix or drained cavity cladding systems have been appraised as Alternative Solutions in terms of New Zealand Building Code compliance.
Hazardous Building Materials