James Hardie have put together a summary of these changes, along with an introduction to the Scyon product range, designed to comply with these recent changes.
Key changes introduced in NZBC E2 and NZS 3604 include the considerations for the New Extra High (EH) wind zone and rigid air barrier behind wall claddings.
Scyon cladding, fascia and flooring products have been developed to withstand New Zealand's unique weather conditions. The Scyon technology is an advanced lightweight cement composite with heavy-duty performance.
Win 1 of 5 iPad 3's!
Register for a practise presentation and go into the draw for win one of five iPad3's (RRP $729 each, 16GB Wifi iPad3).
What: In-house 20 minute practise presentation summarising recent changes to E2 and NZS3604, plus an introduction to Scyon range of products, designed to comply with E2 and NZS 3604. The presentations will be held nationwide.
CPD: NZIA 15 Points, ADNZ 2 Points
1. One entry per person. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
2. Only registrations before September 28 2012 are eligible
3. James Hardie and eboss reserves the right to withdraw or cancel an entry at any stage.
4. The winner is required to be available where possible for promotional material to be created by eboss and James Hardie.
5. James Hardie and eboss’s decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash.
A summary of the latest amendments to Exterior Building Envelope NZBC Clause E2 and NZ S3604 2011 that is covered in the presentation overview is below.
E2 External Moisture
Overview of the ‘need to know’ amendments including:
- E2/VM1 Wind Zone updates
- Non-specific design parameters
- Compulsory Cavity for Monolithic Cladding
- Wider use of Cavities for parapets and balustrades
- Wind Zone changes (EH and SED new requirements for Rigid Air Barriers)
E2 detail amendments including:
- Updated sealing details around the head flashing for direct fixed claddings
- Wall soffit details
- Window/door head soffit details
- Increase in minimum pitch for membrane roofs and decks
- Direct fixed window sill details
- Direct fixed sill and jamb detail
A general overview of the amendments to the Span Tables, Timber Grading, Standards to calculate loading.
An explanation and breakdown of each Section of the Standard amended:
- Section 3 – Site Requirements
- Section 4 – Durability
- Section 5 – Bracing Design – Wind Demand, EQ Hazard Maps and Zones, Soil Classes and Bracing Demand changes
- Section 6 – Foundation and Subfloor Framing
- Section 7 – Floors
- Section 8 – Walls
- Section 10 - Roofing