Aotea Centre, Auckland’s performing arts and events hub, has recently undergone a phased refurbishment. The interior and exterior transformation is the first major refurbishment for the Aotea Centre in 28 years.
The interior refurbishment includes specialised rehearsal and performance spaces for music, drama and dance, state-of-the-art digital recording facilities, and office and retail areas. The centre will attract world-class performances, events and exhibitions to Auckland, as well as being an inspiring hub for performers and patrons.
MacDonald Industries worked with S&T Architects to specify bathroom supplies for the refurbished bathrooms.
“The fittings were selected based on visual and functional requirements to provide a unique user experience," say S&T Architects. "We wanted to complement the crisp, minimal aesthetic of the refurbishment, as well as to meet the hygiene and durability needs of a civic building, all whilst being cost-effective.”
MacDonald Industries bathroom products have been specifically designed for commercial environments. The products feature a timeless design while offering reliability, water and energy savings, comfort and ergonomics, safety, hygiene, and ease of maintenance.
Products supplied for the refurbished bathrooms:
- RAK Resort Wall Hung Toilet Pans (RA-RE1324)
- RAK Venice Wall Hung Urinals (RA-VE3200)
- RAK Compact Accessible Wall Hung Toilet Pan (RA-CO1345)
- Delabie Back Rest (DE510629)
- Zurn Toilet Single Flush Valve (ZH-6152XL-M)
- Zurn Access Panel (ZA-H)
- Zurn Waterguard Urinal Sensor System (WG1 and SV1/240)
- MacDonald Grab Rails (BE-BT5/90)
- MacDonald Polyethylene Horizontal Baby Change Table (BE100-EH)
Key Project Team:
NZ Strong Group Ltd (Main Contractor)
Quix Commercial Ltd (Hydraulic Subcontractor)