Used as a component in GIB Weatherline Rigid Air Barrier Systems, GIB Weatherline sheets feature a water and mould resistant fibreglass reinforced gypsum core and a water resistant glass fibre sheet facing for excellent water, mould and fire performance.
Can have the added benefit of providing bracing, fire and acoustic performance.
GIB Weatherline Systems have been appraised by the Building Research Association of New Zealand (BRANZ), Appraisal No. 1048 (2019) and meet the NZ Building Code requirements for rigid underlays (rigid air barriers). GIB Weatherline System components include a range of 10mm and 13mm GIB Weatherline sheets which can be exposed to weather for up to 90 days prior to cladding installation as well as GIB Grabber Ceramic Coated fasteners, and GIB Weatherline Flashing and Sill Tapes, specially designed and tested for use in GIB Weatherline Systems.
GIB Weatherline Systems are suitable for use in both residential and commercial buildings and have been tested for wind speeds up to and including Extra High wind zone as defined in NZS 3604.
Technical information is available to allow specific design for buildings outside the scope of NZS 3604.
Specific Design Wind Zone
In the opinion of BRANZ, GIB Weatherline Rigid Air Barrier Systems, if used, designed, installed and maintained in accordance with the statements and conditions of this Appraisal, will meet, or contribute to meeting the following provisions of the NZBC:
- Clause B1 STRUCTURE: Performance B1.3.1, B1.3.2 and B1.3.4. GIB Weatherline Rigid Air Barrier Systems meet the requirements for loads arising from earthquake and wind [i.e. B1.3.3 (f) and (h)]. See Paragraphs 12.1 – 12.6.
- Clause B2 DURABILITY: Performance B2.3.1 (a), not less than 50 years, B2.3.1 (b), 15 years and B2.3.2. GIB Weatherline Rigid Air Barrier Systems meet this requirement. See Paragraph 13.1.
- Clause C3 FIRE AFFECTING AREAS BEYOND THE FIRE SOURCE: Performance C3.7. GIB Weatherline Rigid Air Barrier Systems can be used to meet this requirement by providing passive fire and smoke protection. See Paragraphs 15.1 and 15.2.
- Clause E2 EXTERNAL MOISTURE: Performance E2.3.2. When used as part of the cladding system, GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems will contribute to meeting this requirement. See Paragraphs 16.1 and 16.2.
- Clause F2 HAZARDOUS BUILDING MATERIALS: Performance F2.3.1. GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems meet this requirement and will not present a health hazard to people. 3.2 GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems can be used to satisfy the bracing demand requirements of Section 5 of NZS 3604 which is an NZBC Acceptable Solution
See BRANZ Appraisal 1048 for full information.