Cavity Sliders are a practical space-saving solution for bathrooms in apartments and townhouses where space is at a premium. CS For Doors often gets asked about special requirements for cavity sliders in these areas.
Consider the following points to ensure no issues with installation:
- H3.1 treated jambs, nogs and skirting blocks may be required
- Ensure that the door is properly sealed on all sides including the edges
- Use doors with steel inserts for extra stability and to reduce the risk of the door bowing
- Plumbing cannot run in the cavity pocket so a false wall beside the pocket may be required
- If tiling, CS For Doors can supply the cavity with ply on the side to be tiled
- Tiling the pocket or running a false wall beside the cavity pocket will require a non-standard width jamb on one side
CS Cavity Sliders are suitable for tiling onto. It is necessary to ensure the correct installation procedure is followed and a suitable tile substrate is fixed to the cavity pocket. The cavity wall needs to be correctly waterproofed and the cavity slider, tiles and wall linings must all be installed as per the manufacturer’s instructions to be compliant.
For heavy tiles or if the cavity pocket is to form part of the shower enclosure, it is recommended that the cavity slider is manufactured with a 17mm H3.1 sheet of plywood in the frame. Double lining the cavity pocket with suitable wallboard and tile substrate will also provide additional protection.
For more information, view CS For Doors' Wet Area Solutions brochure