Seratone colour palettes are specifically designed to complement other contemporary materials such as timber, wood veneer, laminates, glass, granite and paint as well as each other.
Seratone is ideal for areas where hygiene is of particular importance, where easy to clean or low maintenance wall and ceiling surfaces are required and for performance in wet areas. Seratone carries a BRANZ appraisal for specific use as a wet area panel (a wet area is any room supplied with water). Seratone Classic and Seratone Specialty are water resistant surfaces that are safe in all areas directly exposed to steam or moisture.
Seratone Classic and Specialty panels can be used in dry, wet or hygiene area applications such as:
- Shower wall and ceiling linings
- Retail fitouts
- Service and food processing areas
- Kitchen splashbacks
Consult the Seratone Technical Information Brochure for more information. Note that Seratone Space pegboard can only be used in dry area applications.
When stored, handled, installed and maintained in accordance with the Seratone Technical Information Document, Seratone Classic and Specialty will meet the durability requirements of the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC) B2/AS1 and has a servicable life of at least 15 years.
- B1.3.1, B1.3.2 and B1.3.3 (a) and (j) Seratone meets the requirements for loads arising from self-weight and typical soft body impacts normally expected in areas where the product will be used.
- E3.3.4, E3.3.5 and E3.3.6 Seratone panels are impervious to water and are easily cleaned, and can be used to form modular or multiple lining systems meeting the requirements of ES/AS1 Paragraph 3.1.2(h).
- G3.3.2 (a), (b): When installed within the above scope and in accordance with the Manufacturer's Literature, Seratone systems are suitable for installing next to appliances and facilities as specified by G3/AS1 Paragraph 1.6 for wall linings in domestic facilities and Paragraph 2.1.5 for wall linings in commercial and industrial facilities
HPL / Compact laminate is an acceptable solution in E3/AS1 3.1.2, clasuse g, for a wet areas wall lining panel. (g) "Water resistant sheet linings finished with decorative high pressue laminate or factory applied polyurethane". When stored, handled, installed and maintained in accordance with the Seratone Aqua technical information that is current at the time of installation, Seratone Aqua will meet the durability requirements of the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC) B2/AS1 and has a serviceable life of at least 15 years in wet areas and 5 years in all other internal applications.
Hazardous Building Materials
Food Preparation and Prevention of Contamination