Trends often reflect the times in which people live. When the world seems a mad, bad place or people feel sensory overload from their busy bright lives, they seek safe, nurturing spaces at home. Or if the world seems an exciting smorgasbord of new places to discover, they bring home the colours and flavours of their travels.
Resene has created a new Habitat plus – decorating and colour trends – to provide inspiration on how to use the colours that are trending. While the focus is on residential projects, many of the ideas and colourways can easily be translated to commercial projects.
Key colours and influences in the year ahead:
- Muted, misty tones to create sanctuary and calm. Look to colour options such as Resene Duck Egg Blue and Resene Dusted Blue.
- Cocooning darks give respite from a colourful, hectic world. Look to colours such as Resene Nocturnal.
- Hits of citrus will refresh people. Think Resene Happy.
- Global and ethnic styles assuage wanderlust.
- Trusty browns and wood stains keep people in touch with nature. Enhance and rejuvenate timber with Resene Colorwood and Resene Woodsman.
- Neutrals will help interiors adapt in a shared world. Look to Resene Alabaster, Resene Black White and Resene Sea Fog as client favourites.
- Bold, jewel tones bring a bit of luxe. Embrace colours such as Resene Atlas.
- Bespoke and handmade elements will let individuality shine. Create a unique effect using favourite Resene colours and newer, more relaxed paint effects techniques.
- Pattern will expand sensory horizons. Use wallpaper from the extensive Resene Wallpaper Collection to bring out the best in a room.
Find out more about the latest colour trends in the Habitat plus — decorating and colour trends. Free to view online, or pick up a free copy at a local Resene ColorShop and selected Resene resellers.