IBS has long been involved in sourcing and developing new products for the New Zealand market. Recently they have launched what they dub "The Next Generation" in rigid air barriers, IBS RigidRAP.
IBS RigidRAP is an OSB3 x 8mm product from Swiss Krono in Germany, laminated with a BRANZ-appraised building paper from Techno Insulation. The product is a further development of IBS' very successful OS’BraceRAP which has been in the market over the last four and a half years.
IBS RigidRAP is available in large sheet sizes: 2440 x 1196mm, 2745 x 1196mm and 3050 x 1196mm. Use of IBSRigidRAP can reduce the total build time by up to four weeks, allowing for a quicker close-in so work can continue on the inside of the house no matter what the weather outside.
The high-performance rigid air barrier is also a low formaldehyde, (E0) product, sourced from sustainable forests, and supports a healthy indoor climate.
- Provides structural bracing and a weather protection panel in one product
- 18% more bracing than 6mm OSB
- Compliant with all NZ Building Code requirements including Table 23 of E2/AS1
- CodeMark certified
- Suitable for 90 Day exposure
- Moisture and UV resistant
- Suitable for use in Extra High Wind Zones
- Eliminates lintel tie downs and mechanical top plate connections
Rigorously tested to meet the New Zealand Building Code, IBS RigidRAP is an excellent choice for building stronger, warmer and healthier homes.