IBS RigidRAP® is an 8mm OSB3 (Oriented Strand Board) which has been manufactured specifically for New Zealand, for use as a bracing element and/or rigid air barrier.
IBS supply IBS RigidRAP for use as an internal or external wall bracing element when used in conjunction with a specific fixing system.
IBS RigidRAP may be used as a bracing element within the following scope:
In wind zones:
- Up to and including extra high.
- Up to 2.5kPa ULS where the building is specifically engineered.
- New buildings: with timber wall framing complying with NZBC
- In conjunction with the GIB HandiBrac® method or a Strap Bracing system
- In conjunction with LVL System - staples, Mitek CPC 80 and SPAX screws
- In conjunction with LVL System - staples, Simpson Strong-Tie DTT2Z and type 17 screws
- In conjunction with concrete and timber subfloor applications that comply with the NZBC
- With all cladding types that comply with NZBC
- In conjunction with a drained and ventilated nominal 20mm cavity system
- With aluminium joinery complying with the NZBC
- IBS RigidRAP may be used as a bracing element in existing buildings, however in these cases IBS makes no claim as to the bracing value that will be achieved
If IBS RigidRAP is to be installed as a bracing element in existing timber framed buildings, the following scope applies:
- Existing timber framed buildings where the designer and/or installer have assured themselves that the existing building is suitable for the intended building work
- Existing concrete and timber sub-floor structures where the designer and/or installer have assured themselves that the existing building is suitable for the intended building work
If designed, used, installed and maintained in accordance with the scope, this product will meet the following provisions of the NZBC:
- B1 Structure: B1.3.1, B1.3.2, B1.3.3(a, b, f, h, m, q), B1.3.4
- B2 Durability: B2.3.1(a)
- E2 External Moisture: E2.3.2, E2.3.7
- F2 Hazardous Building Materials: F2.3.1
Hazardous Building Materials