The principal objective of a door closer is to close and keep fire doors closed in the event of a fire. For some less able users, a self-closing fire door can become a barrier to access.
The ease with which such a door can be pulled open can be severely compromised by the opposing force keeping the door closed. For many users, including the elderly, small children and those with physical disabilities, the difficulty in opening the door can become a barrier to easily accessing the building and its facilities.
In contrast to a conventional rack and pinion door closer, the linear cam action principle of Briton's Cam Action Closers is extremely efficient. The initial opening force decreases very rapidly as the door opens, allowing less able users to overcome the closing power without any problem.
Briton's Cam Action Closers offer easy opening and reliable closing, while meeting international disability legislation.
The closers are available in three models — high-performance (2700), standard (2300) and concealed (2400). The high performance model is for applications where wind is likely to apply significant force to the door.
Briton Cam Action Closer Product Features:
- The cam action reduces the amount of force required to open the doors, making it a perfect solution for facilities used by a wide range of people — including the elderly, physically limited users or small children
- Closing speed and latch speed are adjustable
- Ideal for aged care, healthcare, hospitality and early childhood centres, or any facility requiring compliant disability access solutions
- Modern design and stainless steel finish will enhance a building's aesthetics
- Can be used on fire and smoke barrier doors
- Compliant to UK Disability and NZ NZS4121 standards. The 2700 model has been tested and meets Australian standards.
- 10 year warranty