BRANZ Appraised (no. 276) Viking CertainTeed Asphalt Shingles are sustainable, lightweight and have been offering superior protection since 1917.
Viking Roofspec is proud to announce a new addition to their product range — CertainTeed XT25. Viking have received a lot of positive feedback over the look of their Highland Slate profile and decided to offer a more affordable option with a similar look.
When it comes to weathering the elements, XT25 is built on a tough fiberglass base, each shingle provides exceptional resistance to blow-off and tearing. This three-tab shingle features a strong fibreglass mat base with asphalt applied over the top and ceramic-coated mineral granules embedded into the asphalt, providing excellent durability and performance.
Due to modern engineering techniques and the dynamic properties of asphalt, manufacturers are capable of producing numerous specialty products that exist across all shingle types. These include shingles that fight algae growth, offer enhanced resistance to damaging hail, and offer cool roof colour technologies that reflect the heat of the sun to keep homes cooler while reducing the expense of air conditioning.
XT25 is available in five colours: Black, Moire Black, Weathered Wood, Cedar Brown, Slate Grey.
Viking CertainTeed Asphalt shingles are a popular choice among many building owners who enjoy the diverse benefits they offer from aesthetics to superior performance. Other benefits include:
- A range of colour and profile combinations
- Designed for climatic weather extremes
- Wind resistance of up to 205 km/h for certain profiles
- Thousands of installations in NZ and the Pacific
- Installed only by a Viking Approved Applicator
- Lightweight roofing option (half the weight of a concrete, clay or slate tile roof)
- Water potability certified
- UV resistant
- Mildew and salt resistant
- High impact resistant
- Proprietary ventilation system
- Proprietary accessories
- 25-50 year product warranties