With its light transmission, privacy, glare- and energy-control capabilities, it allows for a dramatic shift in the application and performance of glass within designs.
Smart glass is especially beneficial in the healthcare industry, where easily cleaned surfaces are essential and there are considerations of patient privacy. Smart glass products can replace traditional blind systems that are difficult to clean and can harbour dirt and bugs.
Features of iGlass
- Dynamic partitioning of space with no hindrance to light transmission.
- Light is scattered and provides a brighter working space and interior, hence requiring less internal light to brighten the space.
- By controlling light transmission in a matter of milliseconds, glare is instantaneously controlled.
- Ability to control light transmission means ability to control heat gain by transmission of light and its intensity.
- Electronic blinds – able to control light transmission by 30 per cent.
- No objects are visible when glass is turned off.
- Increased protection from intrusion as visibility of glass is controlled.
- Increased acoustic dampening.
- Protection from harmful UV rays.