Delabie products are known for their endurance, resistance and timeless design. The diversity of the product range will fit in perfectly with any public or commercial installation. MacDonald Industries staff can advise on the best water saving solution for any project.
In developed countries, average water consumption per person has multiplied by 10 in a century and doubled in the last 30 years.
In public and commercial environments, the average consumption is 50% higher than for domestic use. It represents 200 litres per day, per person. In some specific environments such as hospitals, schools and shopping malls, it can even exceed 500 litres per day, per person. In these environments, the users’ behaviour is different as they are not the ones who pay. Any malfunctions or leaks take longer to be reported and fixed than in a domestic household.
Compared to conventional mixers or taps, Delabie basin controls can offer maximum water savings, without compromising efficiency or user comfort. This ensures water bills can be reduced whilst limiting the use of natural resources and avoiding a negative impact on the environment.
Specialising in self-closing taps, Delabie demonstrates that the first principle of saving is to avoid waste, by regulating the amount of water used.
- Delabie Electronic Basin Controls are operated by active infrared detection, with no manual contact. Flow opens when the detector senses hands and shuts off automatically when hands are removed from the detection zone.
- Delabie Time Flow Basin Control valves shut off automatically after 7 seconds of flow once the button has been pushed and the valve has opened.
- The anti-blocking safety activates to prevent the mixer or tap from flowing continuously.
- The flow time is reduced to the necessary minimum (wetting, rinsing).
- For better control of water consumption, the flow rates of Delabie taps are among the lowest in the world at 3 lpm (can be adjusted from 1.5 to 6 lpm). The flow rate remains constant whatever the water pressure in the system.
All Delabie taps have a WELS rating to provide clear information on a products water efficiency and water consumption.