Viking WarmSpan is a warm-roof-on-steel roofing system for low-sloped roofs. It has been engineered in New Zealand and is one of the country’s simplest, most energy efficient and cost-effective warm roof systems.
- NZ engineered and certified system (Homes Solutions)
- BRANZ appraised
- Highest fire resistance credentials in the market (Group 1-S) — Note: not all warm roof systems offered to the market have been fire tested.
- Substrate supports can be as wide as 3.6m centres, significantly reducing structural costs (versus plywood with timber supports at 400mm centres)
- Lightweight roof assembly means less stress on the building structure
- Tapered insulation board to promote watershed in critical areas (around drains)
- Used with single-ply or two-layer torch-on membrane systems
- ‘Polyisocyanurate’ (PIR board) has the best R-values in the market
- WarmSpan is perfect for low-risk membrane roof design/construction methods
This full proprietary system is made up of three components: a wide-spanning steel tray roof deck that also forms the vapour barrier, KingSpan Polyisocyanurate (PIR) rigid insulation panels adhered on top, waterproofed with one of Viking’s membrane systems.