For over a decade the Nurajack system has been used successfully, often in challenging situations, throughout New Zealand. There are certain unique circumstances though where the project requires tiles or pavers be constrained. For this purpose, the Nurajack Windproof (V2) has been developed.
The system consists of a metal clip that is attached to the head of the Nurajack and has the function of anchoring the tile to the head of the pedestal without using glues or screws. This holds each paver to the Nurajack and distributes the weight of the entire deck across all the tiles — preventing uplift of the individual pavers.
The system can withstand wind speeds up to 212km/h (59m/s) or 2166N of upward pressure. If increased wind loading is expected, consider increasing the weight of the paver or using an aluminium framed system (such as www.outdure.com) and tying the frame into the structure of the building utilising the Nuralite Fixing Plate fixing system.
Nurajacks have a self-levelling tile head that can support structural tiles, stone and concrete pavers designed for floated applications. An integrated rubber pad minimises the tile or paver vibration which in turn minimises foot fall echo and tile movement.
The self-levelling head ensures the tile is not point loaded and the large base of the Nurajack ensures any membrane under the Nurajack is protected.
- The tiles/pavers used for this type of system must be milled in the four corners to accommodate the clips. This can be done off-site or onsite utilising a grinder and a table.
- The Nurajack Skirting Trim should be used to protect the perimeter of the tiled installation.
- Invisible: The Windproof clips are hidden
- Removable: Allows for the inspection of the underlying surface with the simple removal of the windproof clips and tile/paver
- Adjustable: All features of the Nurajack are still available — self levelling, height adjustment with Nurajack Adjustment Key etc.
- Fixing: Does not require adhesives or screws
- Resistance: Tested to a wind load of 2166N/m² — calculated windspeed of 212km/h (59m/s). Absorbs expansion and structural movements
- Compatibility: Compatible with any type of structural tile or paver
Visit the Nuralite website for more information including installation videos for the windproof system and other decking solutions or watch the video below: