UNI is a CodeMark certified Flexible Air Barrier (FAB) and is more than just a standard building wrap:
- UNI is a 230gsm non-woven breathable synthetic flexible air barrier, reinforced by a fibreglass scrim.
- UNI is water resistant and designed to provide temporary protection from weather conditions and UV exposure to timber framing without the installation of the cladding, which allows for the continuation of internal work on the house for 90 days after installation.
- UNI has passed a water head test at 150mm at 48 hours vs normal building wraps which are tested to a 20mm head of water at 24 hours.
- Beal weathertightness test 112 a modification from AS/NZS 4284:2008 and E2/VM1.
On one of the above images, UNI is installed in a simulated condition with timber battens at 600mm centres. The simulated wind force reached 212km/hr and while the timber framing snapped, UNI and the battens were still securely in place.
Other benefits of UNI are:
- Speeds up the building process
- A fraction of the cost of rigid air barriers
- Quick and easy to transport and install (watch the installation video here)