In 1894, James Dilworth founded a boarding school for boys from good families with limited means. Over a century later, his remarkable legacy has provided more than 5,000 boys with a life-changing scholarship that includes free tuition, boarding, uniforms, sports fees and music tuition.
The new Dilworth Sports Centre, sixteen months in the making, has been a much-anticipated addition to the junior campus.
The two-storey building of more than 1,600m² includes one full-size and two half-size basketball courts, as well as badminton, volleyball and futsal (indoor soccer) courts. There is a fully-equipped exercise room, a classroom, a function room and kitchen, and a facility for food technology teaching. Multiple change areas serve both indoor and outdoor activities. The Sports Centre is completed by a 25m swimming pool.
Everything needed to be highly durable, low-maintenance, water and energy-efficient, offer a high level of comfort and stand the test of time. MacDonald Industries bathroom products were specified for these reasons.
“We called on MacDonald Industries to supply washroom fittings as their products have proven on previous school projects to provide an ideal combination of robust build quality with clean aesthetically pleasing designs. We were particularly keen to include products from their recently introduced RAK Ceramics range for these reasons,” GHDWoodhead creativespaces.
Products supplied for the change rooms:
- ASI ASI Fold Up Shower Seat
- ASI Roval Glass Mirror
- Delabie Accessible Corner Shower Curtain Rail Kit
- Delabie Biosafe Basin Mixer
- Delabie Highflow Hand Dryer
- Delabie Recessed Shower Mixer
- Delabie Sporting 2 Shower Panel
- MacDonald CleanSeal 90° Grab Rail
- MacDonald Clean Seal Slide Shower Set 900mm
- MacDonald Rest-Ezy Toilet Back Rest 705
- RAK Compact Accessible Wall Faced Toilet Suite
- RAK Resort Rimless Wall Faced Toilet Suite
- RAK Series Wall Hung Urinal
- RAK Summit Wall Hung Basin and Shroud
- Waterguard Urinal Sensor
Project: Dilworth Junior Campus
Location: 27 Omahu Rd, Auckland
Completion: May 2019
Architects: GHDWOODHEAD creativespaces
Building Services: Aspec Construction
Plumbing Subcontractor: Quix Plumbing