TCL Hunt has developed a new, low cost synthetic roof underlay, DriStud RU24. This non fire retardant, high strength laminate roofing underlay is intended to replace bitumen based underlays in new and existing buildings. DriStud RU24 is an ideal alternative for popular common underlays due to its water resistant and vapour permeable properties, and though it is classed as non-fire retardant the product has a relatively low fire index of only 9. Quick and easy to install, the black faced DriStud RU24 reduces light reflection while the light diffusing white side gives exposed interior spaces a bright, clean finish.
With fire retardant underlays costing as much as three times the cost of popular bitumen underlays, DriStud RU24 is an alternative that achieves a balance between quality and cost. Cost savings are achieved during installation due to reduced damages, ease of laying, and down days can be reduced due to installation during poor weather conditions.
- High strength laminated roofing underlay
- Easy to install
- Affordable synthetic option
- Low flammability — a tested fire index of 9 (AS 1530.2:1993)
- Low shrinkage and tear resistant
- Installs over timber and steel roofing frames
- Direct fixing to all claddings
- Low fire risk
- Low shrinkage or tear
- Breathable (vapour permeable)
- Absorbs moisture
- Durability: 50 Years
- Pre-printed 150mm lap lines for quick and easier installation.
- Roof can be installed up to seven days after underlay
- Wind zones up to an including 'Extra High' (NZS 3604:2011)
- Popular bitumen based underlays do have an increased risk of fire
Feedback from clients:
- "Installs faster, saves labour. We can install a lot faster than traditional underlays."
- "It is lightweight but self-supporting with strong tear resistance. It is really easy to carry the rolls to the roof."
- "Found it easy to install during raining days. It doesn't tear!"
- "It's very strong and durable. It's so easy to push over the nails."
Note: DriStud RU24 and DriStud RU22 must not be installed where fire retardant roofing underlay has been specified. Check with the specifier if this can be used as an alternative or check Dristud's comprehensive underlay range.