The humble wash trough sink has come a long way since its farmhouse era, evolving and finding its place in modern interior design. Today, we are familiar with its sleek and streamlined versions, a far cry from the bulkier original. The resurgence of the trough trend speaks to our desire to revive the old and make it new again, offering a single focal point in a bathroom sink that's large enough to be shared. Originally conceived as a solution for communal bath spaces on the farm, its ability to service multiple uses made it a sought after item for applications in hospitals, stadiums, dormitories, and schools.
Austaron Surfaces offer a time-saving solution for the design and specification processes involved in washplane design. Within the range of Staron washplanes, you'll find a documented selection ready for specification, all locally manufactured to eliminate lengthy lead times. This collection offers readily available PDFs and CAD files for immediate use or customisation to suit project-specific needs.
With an extensive range of colours to choose from, Staron Solid Surfaces provide versatile options that can complement any colour palette. They are an ideal solution for high-traffic commercial washroom applications and residential projects.
Benefits of specifying Staron washplanes:
- Designs adapted to integrate with a parcel shelf or fully coved splashback.
- The collection offers Dyson compatibility as well as suitability for standard tap selections.
- Locally manufactured, eliminating lengthy lead times and supporting New Zealand made.
- CAD files are easily manipulated to suit specific design requirements.
- Units can be easily adjusted onsite for an exact wall to wall fit.
- Heavy duty brackets available for wall mounted design.
- A slimline grate offers efficient cleaning and maintenance access to eliminate blockages.
- Aluminium grate supplied in satin silver grey, satin black and mill finish allowing for further custom anodizing/powder coating.
- Baby Change counter documents also available in the collection.
- Manufactured by Lotte Chemical, Staron Solid Surfaces are Silica free and Group 1S Fire rated to C/VM2.