Statement of Building Code Compliance
- CLAUSE B1 STRUCTURE: Performance B1.3.1, B1.3.2 and B1.3.4. The KOROK External Wall System meets the requirements for loads arising from self-weight, earthquake, wind, impact and creep and shrinkage [i.e. B1.3.3 (a), (f), (h), (i), (j) and (q)].
- CLAUSE B2 DURABILITY: Performance B2.3.1 (b), 15 years, Performance B2.3.1 (c), 5 years. The KOROK External Wall Systems meet these requirements.
- CLAUSE C3 FIRE AFFECTING AREAS BEYOND THE FIRE SOURCE: Performance C3.4, C3.5 andC3.6. The KOROK External Wall Systems will meet or contribute to meeting these requirements.
- CLAUSE C6 STRUCTURAL STABILITY: Compliance with (NZBC) Clause C6 'Structural Stability' In order to satisfy the requirements of the New Zealand Building Code (clause C6) relating to Structural Stability designers must ensure that KOROK elements are supported by primary elements that have at least the same fire rating as the KOROK system that is used.
Where the primary elements supporting the KOROK system are outside the fire cell, there is no requirement to apply the same FRR as the KOROK® system. Notwithstanding, post fire stability requirements of the NZBC must also be satisfied
- CLAUSE E2 EXTERNAL MOISTURE: Performance E2.3.2. The KOROK External Wall Systems will meet this requirement
- CLAUSE F6 HAZARDOUS BUILDING MATERIALS: Performance F2.3.1. The KOROK External Wall Systems meet this requirement and will not present a health hazard to people.
KOROK Building Systems NZ Ltd is a manufacturer of fire and acoustic rated wall systems. KOROK Building Systems NZ Ltd and KOROK panel have been successfully supplying the industry for almost 20 years.
KOROK NZ Ltd manufactures fire and acoustic rated wall systems at their factory in Hamilton. KOROK provides engineering advice and product services to the most respected architects, engineers, developers and construction professionals in New Zealand.
KOROK is 100% New Zealand owned and operated, supporting the New Zealand Building Industry.
KOROK has been appraised by the Building Research Association of New Zealand (BRANZ).
As a company KOROK are environmentally responsible, and care deeply about the environment, which is why the components that make up KOROK are locally sourced and 100% recyclable.
Other Performance Attributes
KOROK components are locally sourced and manufactured in New Zealand.
KOROK offers unique benefits in terms of sustainability and environmental performance:
- Walls can be reused by simply dismantling the panels
- and reinstalling them in another location
- The raw components (steel and concrete) are 100% recyclable
- Panels are custom manufactured to size, minimising waste at the factory and on the construction site
KOROK Building Systems NZ Limited Warranty
- KOROK Building Systems NZ Limited (KOROK) provides a materials warranty of 15 years from the date of purchase for all KOROK panels and C-track product (Product) that is handled, installed and maintained strictly in accordance with the requirements and recommendations of the KOROK technical literature
- KOROK warrants that the KOROK panels are free from defects in materials on delivery
This warranty is subject to the following exclusions:
- Products that have been damaged by any person other than KOROK
- Any failure of the steel material which may arise from the prolonged penetration of water or other corrosive media
- The aerated concrete core must remain dry in service
- Exposure to waste water, especially with a pH outside the 6 pH – 12 pH range
- The failure of incorrectly installed or maintained air-conditioning, fire-fighting, drainage or other reticulated services
- Attack from chemical agents, fumes, liquids or solids
- The Product coming into contact with moisture retaining substances, fire retardants, chemical treatments associated with timber preservation, dissimilar metals or degradation otherwise related to the placement or performance of the supporting structure
- Installation subject to unusually corrosive environments at any time or in the future
- Aesthetic corrosion
- Notification of any new corrosion problem, which may later be deemed to constitute a warranty claim, must be provided by written advice to KOROK within 30 days of original observation, or this warranty will be void. The notification of long-standing corrosion will not be accepted under the terms of the warranty