Statement of Building Code Compliance
The NZBC sets out both the legal minimum sound transmission between tenancies (Clause G6) and minimum levels of fire resistance (Clauses C3 and C6). The KOROK Intertenancy Systems Manual provides guidance on the specification and construction of systems that will both meet and exceed those minimum levels. However, designers should consider the comfort of occupants when selecting a system that will satisfy the occupants' expectations when using the space rather than the minimum required by law.
- Clause B1: Structure — The KOROK Systems meet the requirements for loads arising from self-weight, earthquake, wind, impact and creep and shrinkage
- Clause B2: Durability — Under normal conditions of dry internal use KOROK Intertenancy Systems have a serviceable life in excess of 50 years and satisfy the requirements of NZBC Clause B2 Durability
- Clauses C3: Fire Affecting Areas Beyond the Source — KOROK Intertenancy Systems can be used to provide passive fire protection in accordance with the requirements of NZBC Clause 3: Spread of Fire
- Clause C6: Structural Stability —Compliance with (NZBC) Clause C6 'Structural Stability'. In order to satisfy the requirements of the New Zealand Building Code (clause 6) relating to Structural Stability designers must ensure that KOROK elements are supported by primary elements that have at least the same fire rating as the KOROK system that is used
Where the primary elements supporting the KOROK system are outside the fire cell, there is no requirement to apply the same FRR as the KOROK system. Notwithstanding, post fire stability requirements of the NZBC must also be satisfied
- Clause G6: Airborne and Impact Sound — KOROK Intertenancy Systems, both meet and exceed the minimum requirements outlined in NZBC Clause G6. Consideration should be given to both the minimum requirements and the comfort of occupants
KOROK Building Systems NZ Ltd is a manufacturer of fire and acoustic rated wall systems. The revolutionary composition and clip-together simplicity of the systems has established KOROK as a leader in the New Zealand commercial construction sector. KOROK® Building Systems NZ Ltd and KOROK panel have been successfully supplying the industry for almost 20 years.
KOROK NZ Ltd manufactures fire and acoustic rated wall systems at our factory in Hamilton. KOROK provides engineering advice and product services to the most respected architects, engineers, developers and construction professionals in New Zealand.
KOROK is 100% New Zealand owned and operated, supporting the New Zealand Building Industry. KOROK has been appraised by the Building Research Association of New Zealand (BRANZ).
As a company KOROK is environmentally responsible, and care deeply about the environment, which is why the components that make up KOROK are locally sourced and 100% recyclable
Other Performance Attributes
KOROK components are locally sourced and manufactured in New Zealand.
KOROK offers unique benefits in terms of sustainability and environmental performance:
- Walls can be reused by simply dismantling the panels
- and reinstalling them in another location
- The raw components (steel and concrete) are 100% recyclable
- Panels are custom manufactured to size, minimising waste at the factory and on the construction site
KOROK Building Systems NZ Limited Warranty
- KOROK Building Systems NZ Limited (KOROK) provides a materials warranty of 15 years from the date of purchase for all KOROK panels and C-track product (Product) that is handled, installed and maintained strictly in accordance with the requirements and recommendations of the KOROK technical literature
- KOROK warrants that the KOROK panels are free from defects in materials on delivery
This warranty is subject to the following exclusions:
- Products that have been damaged by any person other than KOROK
- Any failure of the steel material which may arise from the prolonged penetration of water or other corrosive media
- The aerated concrete core must remain dry in service
- Exposure to waste water, especially with a pH outside the 6 pH – 12 pH range
- The failure of incorrectly installed or maintained air-conditioning, fire-fighting, drainage or other reticulated services
- Attack from chemical agents, fumes, liquids or solids
- The Product coming into contact with moisture retaining substances, fire retardants, chemical treatments associated with timber preservation, dissimilar metals or degradation otherwise related to the placement or performance of the supporting structure
- Installation subject to unusually corrosive environments at any time or in the future
- Aesthetic corrosion
- Notification of any new corrosion problem, which may later be deemed to constitute a warranty claim, must be provided by written advice to KOROK within 30 days of original observation, or this warranty will be void. The notification of long-standing corrosion will not be accepted under the terms of the warranty