Industrial Plastic Shapes has teamed up with aluminium deck framing company, Proframe to bring yet another innovative solution to the decking market. Combining Futurewood Composite Decking with Proframe Aluminium Subframe, they are able to offer one of the quickest to install and most cost-effective pairings of products in the decking market today.
Futurewood is the only New Zealand composite supplier with a clip custom-designed with Proframe’s aluminium deck framing in mind. Together these products offer the perfect solution when it comes to finishing floating decks over waterproof membranes and low level decks over concrete pads. The one size — 70mm x 45mm extrusion is manufactured from structural 6060 T5 aluminium alloy right here in New Zealand. It is finished with matt-black powder coating and carries a 15 year warranty, which is in line with the warranty on Futurewood. The same profile is used as both the joist and bearer, connected using two brackets — a right angle and a straight joining bracket. Both the decking and aluminium are available in cut to size lengths, reducing waste significantly.
The engineered design allows for deck heights as low as 70mm over a membrane or concrete surface and will support Futurewood composite decking while providing impressive span capability. To ensure installers can allow for on site dimensional variations, the system is designed to be prefabricated or alternatively to be constructed onsite.
- Proframe’s powder coated aluminium joists are extremely stable. Unlike traditional timber, they won’t warp, cup or bow. Timber movement can damage the membrane, compromise the membrane warranty and effect the finished look of a new Futurewood deck.
- Futurewood Proframe decks can be purchased in selected lengths or prefabricated by an approved professional installer.
- Typically, timber furrings sit hard down on the membrane restricting the flow of water off the membrane and allowing debris to build up and rot under the decking. Proframe’s joist/bearer is a low 45mm profile which sits well clear of the membrane. Water and debris can easily drain into the gutter and the installation of inspection hatches allows for easy care and maintenance.
- Installation is fast and in some cases installation time savings of up to 75% will be made versus traditional timber methods.
- Because the aluminium is so stable, end plates and nogs are often not required.
- Aluminium joists provide twice the span using half the height of traditional timber, requiring less jacks to support the frame.
- Aluminium weighs a fraction of traditional timber and is far less physically taxing when loading or installing the framing onto the site. Lightweight aluminium can easily be passed up a multi-story scaffold to access difficult areas.
- All frames are designed to a 4kpa commercial deck loading.
- Proframe’s system is fully compatible with Futurewood composite decking.
- Both Futurewood and Proframe carry a 15 year, 100% warranty.