"Correctly installed, homeowners can clad their homes and have complete confidence in the structural integrity of this excellent system, which includes 2-storey dwellings."
Here's a snapshot of contemporary brick design:
- Modern Brick is built as a veneer only, unlike historical brickwork which was non-reinforced.
- Modern Brick is tied to a structural timber or steel frame and acts as a veneer to make the house weathertight.
- Modern Brick ties are stronger and are screw fixed to the structural frame.
- Modern mortar is stronger and more durable making brick bonds stronger.
- Modern building codes regulate installation which prevents structural collapse.