Polyfon 40 is a made in NZ, high sound absorbing glass fibre ceiling panel designed to control unwanted noise in interior spaces.
Polyfon is available in a wide range of decorative Sonatex acoustic laminate finishes from plain white greys, black, colours, prints and perforated laminates.
- Available in big panels as standard
- Very high sound absorption rating to control reverberation, NRC 1.00, ISO 11654 class A, αW 1.0
- Clean white polyester core board is manufactured without chemical binders or pesticides
- Exceeds Greenguard emission requirements for ceiling systems. Tested per ASTM-D5116, low formaldehyde, low aldehydes and low TVOC
- Fire resistant Sonatex facing prevents melting droplets falling in event of fire. Fire rating group 1S, suitable for fire exit ways and all other sprinklered & non sprinklered buildings
- Sonatex laminate finish ensures a uniform aesthetic
- Available in range of finishes from plain white, colours, prints and perforated laminate facings
- Can be recycled and renewed to extend product life and reduce construction waste
- Resilient and flexible composite construction means panels will not snap under pressure which reduces wastage and maintenance costs over the life of the ceiling
Scope of Use
- Polyfon 40 is ideal for suspended ceilings or direct fix over plasterboard linings to maximise sound absorption
- Ideal for call centres, open plan offices, halls, classrooms, libraries etc
Limitations on Use
- Installation shall not commence until the building is water tight and dry
- Light fittings shall be independently supported, use hold down clips in areas of wind uplift
- It is recommended that air grilles be installed in the ceiling to balance air pressure differentials
Statement of Building Code Compliance
Polyfon is code compliant for:
Polyfon has been used in projects since 2015 including installation in call centres, data centres and corporate offices.
Other Performance Attributes
Material group number: 1S (highest rating) C/VM2 / ISO 5660.1. Suitable for fire exit way and all other sprinklered & non sprinklered buildings.
- Polyester, no chemical binders or pesticides
- Tested low VOCs per ASTM D51106 (TVOC 0.004 mg/m²/hr, Aldehydes <0.01 ppm, Formaldehyde 0.004 mg)
- Low embodied energy, low transport kilometres vs imports.
- Soiled panels can be recycled with new acoustic facing to reduce landfill waste
Clean with vacuum, soft brush or damp cloth. Re-surfacing of damaged panels available, consult Asona.
Service Panels available with strippable protective plastic film covering to help keep panels cleaning during the construction phase.
Asona Ltd are a manufacturer, distributor and installer of acoustic and decorative ceiling and wall panels.
News from Asona