Tech Coatings is a specialist supplier of niche coatings to the Australasian market. They have comprehensive technical expertise in passive fire systems and offer tested and endorsed solutions to their customers. They ensure that their intumescent coatings are tested on locally sourced materials to current local standards.
PaintPlus has a 23-year history of providing paint to the specific needs of the medical sector and understands the specific needs of high occupancy buildings. Their IntuGuard coating provides a high quality, sustainable, minimal waste coating solution that is cost effective and minimally disruptive. As the first carbon-net zero coatings manufacturer in the world they provide environmentally friendly, high performance paints with an unlimited colour range.
The partnership is based on the mutual values of both companies — they stand for high quality products providing the best performance without compromising on environmental factors or ease of application.
IntuGuard, the only tested and endorsed passive fire coating solution for upgrading fire-separating elements in Australasia, is comprised of
- FBL-100: an intumescent coating primarily used on non-ferrous substrates to increase the fire resistance rating, and
- MediGuard: a topcoat especially formulated for the specific requirements of New Zealand’s District Health Boards.
FBL-100 intumescent coating ensures compliance with requirements of the current version of the New Zealand Building Code:
- Tested and endorsed in accordance with AS1530.4:2014 and ISO9705.
- Features: waterborne, low VOC, level 4 durable finish
MediGuard topcoat protects the intumescent coating underneath with a customised finish.
- Environmental Choice Label, manufactured in a certified carbon neutral facility (CarboNZero)
- Features: Anti-microbial, durable, water and heat resistant, low VOC
Together, these two components provide the optimal performance required of a robust passive fire system in high traffic areas of multi-tenancy buildings with elevated hygienic needs.