The client, Te Whanau O Waipareira Trust, required a subtle decorative effect that also served as a window vision safety strip while retaining an optically clear look in the unprinted areas. 3M Clear View 8150 was the only film Foster Signs could source to achieve what was required, remaining totally optically clear on the glass and barely visual to the eye.
The bubble design was produced in illustrator then printed and cut on Roland versacam with 3M clearview. To protect the printed film, a second layer of Clearview also used as the protective over laminate layer.
- A cast, highly transparent and conformable graphic film with a special PET liner
- Compatible with all digital and screenprinting systems
- Removable adhesive
- Wet application for easy application and positioning
- Durability of seven years
- Any design can be perfectly reproduced, with unprinted areas giving a clear view through the glass - no contour cutting.
- Colour gradients and special effect printing, like dusted and frosted crystal.
- One-way-vision graphics without using the perforated film. Just choose and print the dot-pattern of choice.
- High degree of ability to conform to the film and the innovative 3M adhesive system enables easy and fast application even on contoured or curved surfaces such as windscreens.
The new Scotchcal Clear View printable film 8150 can be used in many ways on and inside buildings, enabling architects and shopfitters to implement creative design ideas for new and existing glass surfaces. It allows creativity and offers innovative, high-performance solutions for glass design using graphics, text and special effects. It also offers a great solution for public transport advertising. Despite its hard-wearing qualities, it can be easily removed when no longer required.