You are using an outdated browser version not supported by this website.
Click here to upgrade your browser
Bituthene® 3000 is a high performance, cold-applied, flexible, preformed factory controlled thickness waterproof membrane combining a special high performance, crosslaminated, HDPE carrier film with a unique self-adhesive rubber bitumen compound.
Waterproof membrane with high hydrostatic head resistance. The high density crosslaminated polythene film provides dimensional stability and puncture resistance.
Gas resistant to methane, carbon dioxide and radon gas protection in excess of the standard requirements in BRE Reports 211 (radon) and 212 (methane and carbon dioxide). Provides external chemical resistance for effective protection against aggressive environments and ozone attack.
Cold applied with no flame or heating required. Self-adhesive rubberised asphalt, ensuring continuity at overlaps and reinforcements. Unique rubber/bitumen formulation allows healing of small punctures and allows flexibility to accommodate minor settlement and shrinkage movement.
Preprufe® 300R Plus membranes are unique composite sheets comprised of a thick HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive and weather resistant protective coating. Designed with Advanced Bond Technology™ and a dual adhesive ZipLap™, Preprufe Plus membranes form a unique, integral bond to poured concrete, preventing both the ingress and lateral migration of water while providing a robust barrier to water, moisture, and gas.
Release liner free and designed for efficient, reliable installation, the Preprufe® Plus ZipLap allows for an adhesive to adhesive bond at seam overlaps and delivers superior performance in harsh conditions without the need for specialised equipment, heat, or power.
Bituthene 3000 has been developed for positive long-term, low maintenance waterproofing of construction features such as:
Preprufe is a pre-applied waterproofing membrane that bonds integrally to poured concrete for use below slabs or behind basement walls on confined sites.
Not suitable for:
1. Lateral water migration resistance is tested by casting concrete against membrane with a hole and subjecting the membrane to hydrostatic head pressure with water. The test measures the resistance of lateral water migration between the concrete and the membrane.
2. Hydrostatic head tests of Preprufe Membranes are performed by casting concrete against the membrane with a lap. Before the concrete cures, a 3mm spacer is inserted perpendicular to the membrane to create a gap. The cured block is placed in a chamber where water is introduced to the membrane surface up to the head indicated
3. Elongation of membrane is run at a rate of 50mm per minute
4. Concrete is cast against the Preprufe membrane and allowed to cure (7 days minimum)
5. Concrete is cast against the protective coating surface of the membrane and allowed to properly dry (7 days minimum). Peel adhesion of membrane to concrete is measured at a rate of 50 mm per minute at room temperature
6. The test is conducted 15 minutes after the lap is formed (per GCP published recommendations) and run at a rate of 50mm per minute at 22°C
As a New Zealand owned and operated company, Nuralite has provided membrane roofing, decking and tanking solutions within the architectural industry for over 50 years.
Membrane waterproofing is not hard not when combined with Nuralite's range of system solutions and experienced team of technical experts.Product Enquiries
New and updated architectural products, design solutions, inspiration, technical advice and more when you sign up for EBOSS.