Air and water holdout performance of building underlays and flashing tapes per NZS 2295 can be compromised if UV exposure resistance is exceeded during the build process.
CodeMark certified, DuPont Tyvek Weathertightness products are UV-resistant for 120 days and are supported in New Zealand by DuPont, a 200 year old company, and their local partner, Weather Barrier Systems Limited.
Benefits of DuPont Tyvek building underlays include:
- UV resistant for up to 120 days to allow plenty of time for cladding to be installed
- Fire retardant per AS 1530 Part 2
- High Moisture Vapour Transmission Rate per ASTM E-96, which helps moisture escape in a vapour state and helps reduce condensation buildup in roof and wall assemblies
- Suitable in NZS 3604 building wind zones up to and including Extra High
- DuPont’s butyl flashing products do not require two layers when the window opening is penetrated by fasteners
To learn more about 120 Day UV Protection and/or for free weathertightness design assistance on wall and/or roof assembly design, visit the Weather Barrier Systems website or call
0800 100 532.
Weather Barrier Systems Limited are Partners of DuPont Protection Solutions.