The largest sustainability challenges can’t be solved without big contributions from the building and construction industry. Solving these problems calls for sweeping transformation in today’s building practices.
DuPont Performance Building Solutions, manufacturers of Tyvek's trusted underlays and tapes, are up to the challenge and have charted a course to help make sustainability a reality in the building industry over the next decade. Inspired by the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) — 17 in total, and in support of the DuPont 2030 Sustainability Goals, DuPont is committed to delivering solutions that help solve climate change, drive the circular economy, delivery safe solutions, and help communities thrive.
DuPont’s commitment for 2030 are:
- 100% of DuPont’s innovation portfolio will meaningfully advance the UN SDGs and create value for customers
- Reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from DuPont Performance Building Solutions operations by 75% from 2019 levels
- Advance the circular economy in the building industry through innovation in materials and business models, collaboration, and end of life plans that eliminate and upcycle waste across the product life cycle
- Collaborate with customers and key partners to bring green chemistry innovations to market and drive continued reduction in the presence of priority substances in the portfolio
- Work to build communities, strengthen families and empower the next generation across the globe
DuPont's sustainable journey started several years ago when we released our Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) to the global market.
EPD is a document that shows transparent and comparable data on the environmental impact of a product and it is created using the life cycle data.
The DuPont range offered in New Zealand is covered by two Environmental Product Declarations (EPD):
Program Operator - Institut Bauen und Umwelt e.V.
Site location: Luxemburg
The EPD covers Dupont Tyvek Supro and Dupont Tyvek Supro Plus roof underlays.
Program Operator: UL Environment
Site location: USA
The EPD covers DuPont Tyvek Homewrap wall underlay, DuPont Tyvek Flexwrap NF, DuPont Flashing Tape and Tyvek Contractor Tape.
The DuPont range is now distributed by Tasman Insulation which means quality service and technical support with the quality product. All product information is available on pinkbatts.co.nz/dupont