StrandSarking is a BRANZ appraised and CodeMark certified H3.1 treated strand board designed by Juken New Zealand and manufactured in Kaitaia specifically as a substrate for asphalt shingles and low-slope membrane roofs.
Juken’s manufacturing process ensures that every strand is treated to H3.1 standard before the board is made. This ensures that the treatment is distributed throughout the full thickness of the board, unlike mainstream treatment processes.
The azoles and permethrins used to protect the board act as agents against fungal decay and insect attack. Being a water-based treatment, no solvents are required and the preservatives used are organic biodegradable compounds. Better for the inhabitants of the building and better for the environment.
Additonal Viking StrandSarking benefits include:
- A more rigid substrate: minimising the propensity for the board to sag between trusses, creating a flatter and more pristine looking roof
- Better board dimensions: being 3600mm x 800mm, Viking StrandSarking is easier for installers to handle as the boards are narrower and can be passed through trusses and onto the roof
- The length spans an extra truss, resulting in a stronger substrate and less double-nailing at sheet edges
- Viking’s StrandSarking has a square-edge profile, eliminating the need to align unforgiving tongue and groove joins, saving on installation costs
- Strandsarking is double sided and can be laid in any direction as it has a spanning ability of up to 900mm, resulting in less wastage
Viking StrandSarking in collaboration with Laminex are proud to carry the Declare Label and certified as Red List Free.