Conventional heaters have limited settings; like a watched pot that never boils, they can’t always heat a whole room quickly and central heating is sometimes wasted on the whole house. Engineered to draw in surrounding air to heat the whole room quickly in winter, the Dyson AM04 Hot + Cool will be available in New Zealand in March.
The Dyson Hot + Cool can be set between 1 and 37 degrees celsius to heat a room. When it hits the desired temperature, it monitors the room temperature by measuring surrounding air. If a drop is detected, the heater turns back on to maintain the set temperature.
James Dyson says:
“Other fan heaters rely on inefficient motors or dust friendly grills. As the heat rises you’re left with a partially heated room and a worrying burning smell. Dyson engineers have developed a heater that produces no smell and heats the whole room”.
It took a team of 22 engineers - including experts in thermo dynamics and fluid mechanics - over three years researching, developing and testing Dyson’s patented Air Multiplier technology for its application in a heater.
How it works: using patented Air Multiplier technology, air is drawn in through a mixed flow impeller, a combination of the technologies used in turbochargers and jet engines. It is then accelerated through a 2.5mm aperture (approximately the thickness of a $2 coin) set within the loop amplifier. This creates a jet of hot air which passes over an airfoil-shaped ramp channelling its direction. Surrounding air is drawn into the airflow, amplifying it six times in a process known as inducement and entrainment.
Safety: Low surface temperatures throughout and no visible heating elements. And if tipped over, the machine has been engineered to automatically cut out.
Remote Control: Turning the Dyson Hot + Cool on and off, adjusting temperature, airflow rate and controlling oscillation can be done easily from across a room. The remote control is curved and magnetised to store neatly on top of the machine.
Precision: Dyson Hot + Cool has temperature controls and an intelligent thermostat. Variable airflow and oscillation is controlled either by remote or on the front of the machine.
Cooling fan: Unlike conventional heaters it has a dual-mode function as a cooling fan. In keeping with Dyson’s Air Multiplier range it couples high airflow and velocity.
Notes to editors:
• Colour - The Dyson Hot + Cool will be available in iron/blue and white/silver.
• Easy to clean – quickly wiped clean with a cloth.
• Weight – approx. 2.57kg.
• Warranty - Dyson Hot + Cool has been tested for the equivalent of 10 years of constant use and comes with a two year parts and labour warranty.
• Patents - Currently, worldwide there are over 170 patents and over 270 pending patent applications relating to 21 different technical aspects of the Dyson fan range.
• Environmental chamber - The temperature range in the chambers is from 5°C to 80°C, and 10% relative humidity to 80%.
• Materials – Dyson Hot + Cool is constructed from tough Acrylontride butadiene styrene – ABS. ABS is a tough thermoplastic used to make light, rigid and moulded products. It has good shock absorbing properties and is used to make car bumpers, crash helmets and modern golf club heads. It’s used in Dyson vacuum cleaners and Dyson Airblade hand dryers too.
For further press information, please contact: Christine Meads on 0272 940 823 or [email protected]