As the weather gets colder, most homeowners turn to traditional heating systems such as wood and gas fireplaces, heaters and heat pumps to keep homes nice and cosy. However, despite running these heating systems and warming the air temperature, there is often still a noticeable chill underfoot. As heat rises, any convective heat is constantly dissipated and unfortunately, wood, tile and other floorings can remain cool. This is why the Tile Depot recommends considering a Warmfloor Underfloor Heating System.
There is nothing quite as luxurious as a warm tiled floor, and Warmfloor is a cost-effective investment. There are many benefits to installing an underfloor radiant heating system. These include:
- Fast, easy and cost-effective to install — even suitable for DIY
- Warmfloor has a strong focus on energy-efficient design and latest technology to ensure good performance and lower running costs
- Easy to use with a programmable thermostat so the floor is only heated when needed — and thus limiting the energy used
- Cable installation so only areas of the floor actually used are heated, and it can be installed around irregularly shaped areas like toilets.
- Warmfloor radiant heating generates evenly distributed gentle heat — so no cold patches.
- Warmfloor electronic thermostats can also be connected to towel warmers so towels too are heated only when needed.
- Almost all features are completely hidden under the floor, making it a safe and unobtrusive heat source. A fantastic option for families with children.
- It operates silently and requires virtually no maintenance and comes with 15 and 25-year warranties depending on who installs it.
- As there are no ducted parts it doesn’t let allergens into the home and thus contributes to improved air quality.
- In bathrooms, it helps to dry out bathroom floors and prevent the build-up of mould.
- Warmfloor is compatible with a range of flooring types such as tiles, slate, SPC, vinyl and even carpet and wood.
Warmfloor is an NZ owned and operated company that designs and manufactures their heating cables locally. They have customised the design and installation requirements of the system to reflect the three distinct climate zones that occur in New Zealand, thus ensuring the best heating and most economical performance for each zone.
Underfloor heating should be considered at the planning stages of any renovation or building project. The addition of the cabling and screed, and in many instances an insulation board, will affect the finished height of the flooring which may need to be allowed for. Insulation boards are recommended for faster heat-up times, reduced running costs and reduction of thermal loss into the substrate floor.
Warmfloor is a fantastic and compatible product with tiles from The Tile Depot. Ceramic and porcelain tiles have fantastic thermal conductivity, with the heat from the cables transferring to the tiled floor surface quickly. They also hold the heat and so will remain warm for a period of time once the underfloor heating is turned off.
So for the ultimate in comfort and luxury, consider a Warmfloor Underfloor heating system before embarking on the next flooring project.