Traditionally, the solid aluminium panels used for cladding applications are done using the “post painted solution” — which means that a mill finish aluminium sheet is fabricated first and then it undergoes a batch coating process either through spray or powder coating.
Some of the common issues which are seen with these batch coating processes are:
- Coating is done under a less controlled environment (as opposed to a highly industrial coil coating process), which leads to inconsistent thickness of the paint layer across the surface resulting in color inconsistencies on the panels.
- There are limitations on the variety of surface finishes that can be achieved with this process, thereby limiting designers to choose from a very limited range of colours and finishes.
3A Composites have used their vast experience with aluminium facade panels to develop Alucolux Solid Aluminum — a 3mm solid, coil coated aluminium sheet material with a two-coat/three-coat multi-bake system. Alucolux provides a solution to all the problems that come from batch coated panels:
- Colour consistency: High quality PVDF coating on a continuous coil-coating line which provides consistency of coating across the surface.
- 100% Non-combustible to AS1530.1
- Alucolux is available in most of the same colours found in the Alucobond Plus range and is also available in embossed surfaces to liven up the Wood Look and Stone Look ranges.
- Perfect flatness on the facade
- Shapes and curves: With Alucolux architects can achieve designs you did not think were possible.
Alucolux provides solutions for architects, designers, developers, builders and construction companies looking for a premium solid aluminium facade panel they can safely specify for commercial, educational, aged care and residential projects without compromising on design.