Made from high-strength plantation Hoop Pine (from PEFC-controlled sources), CoreClad is treated to the core, with a rough-sawn face and has been specifically developed to be used as a cladding.
Each veneer is treated to H3.2 before being bonded. This means cut edges of this structural ply (F14) do not need to be re-treated.
IBuilt’s technical manager, Bevan Snookes, says the product is ideal for residential structures, especially holiday homes and those exposed to the elements.
“It speeds up the install when you don't have to treat each cut end. It also comes in 3 sheet lengths up to 3m long so it can reduce the need for ‘Z’ flashings in some cases. You can trust that it will perform,” says Bevan.
More of CoreClad’s features:
- Durable, structural-strength plywood
- Band-sawn face for a rough textured finish
- Sourced from PEFC-controlled sources*
- Available in 2440mm, 2745mm or 3050mm sheet lengths
- Available with 9mm-wide vertical grooves at 150mm centres — or ungrooved for batten applications
- Meets AS/NZS 2269:2012 and is third-party certified by the EWPAA
- Meets NZBC’s cladding durability requirements for residential and commercial construction
*PEFC’s Chain of Custody system tracks a product’s wood source to ensure it originates from sustainably managed forests
Coming soon: CoreClad Primed
To further speed up installation CoreClad will be available in a primed option from September 2023. This factory applied coating ensures the face is prepared and ready for the top-coats on site.
What customers say about CoreClad
When Mike and his wife were planning their dream retirement home in Kakanui, they enlisted the help of local builder Dave from Cusiel Building Services. Stage one of the build consisted of an office and a small flat — and Mike chose to use CoreClad.
He says the product is “way better” than others he’s used.
He was so impressed with CoreClad that he would “highly recommend it to people” and adds it was super easy to work with.
That’s down to CoreClad’s extended lengths, which reduce installation time and give options where longer panels are required.